|Find these great women-in-science ornaments here.|
Women in science, women and science
- Here's what was missing from your life: A recording of what happens in the female brain during orgasm. Yep, one of the things women will do for science is, well, *that* in an MRI machine.
- Female students encouraged to break stereotype, but stereotypes are made out of a very resilient, tough-to-break material.
- Science can be pink and equal. We here at Double X Science knew that (and some of us are fond of wearing black)...but these kit distributors need to learn it, too.
- Great holiday ornaments (above) featuring some famous women in science.
- Two new breast cancer drugs show promise.
- Does sex make you healthy? We sure hope so.
- Citizens take science into their own hands, including making their DNA results public.
- Science-related education for rural kids. In the 21st century, where you live shouldn't determine how much you can learn.
Women and men and science
- The movies are wrong: you don't sink into lava, you land on top of it! But don't do it, either way. Dammit, Star Wars Episode III!
- The Mariana Trench is even deeper than we thought. It’s really, really deep.
- Explore Mars from the comfort of your chair! NASA created a fun tool for Mars exploration, similar to Google Earth…except extraterrestrial!
- Baby chameleons reaaacccccching for each other. Reptiles are cute!
Yeti crabs, dancing to Lady Gaga. Yep, scientists know how to rock it OUT!
Can't get enough of dancing crabs? More here.
- Wasps may remember your face, so next time you might get stung, be sure to wear a Nixon mask.
- Ambien waking the near dead? It’s an unexpected outcome for a sleep drug.
- Making viruses the natural way. Virus tinkering, Frankviruses, threatened global pandemics…or not?
Science brings the fun...and not just in the form of dancing crabs
- See our Geektastic gift list for gift ideas for the geeks in your life.
- Got kids? We’ve got recommended science books just for them.
- Got charity? Donate a village’s worth of vaccines for children who otherwise don’t have access to them.
- Science Goddess gifts…because Joanne does love science, and she’s got just the right thing for others who do, too.
- Science getaways: A getaway for you…and your brain.
From the Double X Science Editorial Team